"Parties" means both You and Boldscholar Research Ltd.
“Operator" means Boldscholar Research Ltd.
"Personal Data" means any personal information collected fromYou in relation with your use of this service which is capable of identifying You.
"Service" means the Website and mobile applications, which www.boldscholar.com and Boldscholar applications respectively, including all pages, sub pages, all blogs, forums and other connected internet content whatsoever.
"Products" means the goods and products both tangible and intangible offered on the Website and Mobile Applications.
"Services" means the services offered on the Website and Mobile applications known as Boldscholar.
"User Content" means any audio, video, text, images or other material users choose to display on Boldscholar website and mobile applications.
"You, Your, Yours” means the user of Boldscholar website and mobile application.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data while You use this platform.
3. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect various information to enable us provide good Service to all our users. Depending on how our Service will be used, the different types of Personal Data we collect are as follows:
- For registered users: During the process of Your registration we may collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Username Name
- Phone Number
- Address (Email and Physical)
- Bank Account Details (for contents owners)
- Book Details (for authors)
We may also require other information in relation to:
- Your interaction with our representatives;
- Receiving notifications by text message or email about marketing;
- Receiving general emails from us.
- Commenting on our Content or other User Content on our Website and Mobile app.
- The purchases You make.
- For unregistered users: We will collect passive information from all registered and unregistered users. This information includes cookies, IP address information, location information and certain browser information.
- Sales and billing information: Payment on Boldscholar website and mobile application is through a reliable third party. Therefore, we cannot see or collect Your credit and/or debit card information.
- User experience: From time to time we may also request certain Personal Data that may be necessary to improve our Service and the Products and Services we offer for sale on the Website and mobile application.
4. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AS YOU USE OUR SERVICE
We use the following to collect Personal Data from You:
Cookies: We use the data collected by the cookies to offer You the best experience on our Website. Cookies are information stored on Your browser when You visit our Website or use a social network with Your PC, Smartphone or Tablets. They contain various data which includes the name of the server from which it comes, the numeric identifier, etc. The types of cookies we use are as follows:
- Technical cookies: These cookies are essential for the correct functioning of our Website and they are required to provide the Service required to our users.
- Profiling cookies: These cookies are used to create user profiles based on personal choices and preferences in order to send advertising messages to Your device.
- Support in configuring your browser: You can manage these cookies through the settings of Your browser on Your device. However, deleting cookies from Your browser may remove the preferences You have set for this Website.
Log Data: We also use log files which store automatic information collected when users visit this Website. The log data which may be collected are as follows:
- the domain and host from which You access the Website;
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- date and time of visit;
- Your computer operating system and browser software;
- web pages visited, the duration, and frequency of visits;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
5. THIRD PARTIES
We only share Your Personal Data with the National Library of Nigeria who are our official partners to enable us serve you properly.
6. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use Your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- to provide our Service and to maintain and make improvements to the Service we provide to You;
- to develop new Products and Services on the Website;
- to provide personalized Service to You, including making recommendations and providing personalized content;
- to provide customer service to You;
- to provide You with updates on the Website and related items;
- to provide analytics to understand how our Service is used.
7. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
We take the security of the Personal Data we collect very seriously, and we take reasonable measures to reduce the risk of accidental destruction, loss or unauthorized access to such information. However, please note that no system involving the transmission of information via electronic storage systems or the internet is completely secure.
We use our cloud server to store your information.
The Personal Data and any other information we have about You may be stored for such period as we may determine until You terminate Your account with us or You withdraw Your consent.
8. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Our Service is built with strong security features that continuously protect Your Personal Data. Our security features help us detect and block security threats. If we detect any security risk, we may inform You and guide You through steps to stay protected.
9. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
When You share Your Personal Data
Our Service enables You to share information with other users, particularly the National Library of Nigeria. However, You have control over how You share this information. When You upload any content on our Website, Your content becomes accessible to other users.
When we share Your Personal Data
We do not disclose Your Personal Data except You have granted us the permission to do so: We will disclose Your Personal Data where we have received Your unequivocal consent and permission to do so. However, such consent may be withdrawn at any time;
Our website and mobile application are generally intended to be used by children under the age of 2 years and above, and we may collect, use and process the Personal Data of children who use our Service.
The Personal Data we may collect include:
- Full Name
- Address (email and physical)
- Phone Number
- Bank Account Details (if the child sells products)
We do not allow the Personal Data of children to be accessible to the public. We process the Personal Data of children for the following reasons:
To enable them sign up on the website and to deliver to them products they purchase.
Parents and guardians have a right to request for the Personal Data we have of their wards, make any alterations or request that the Personal Data be deleted at any time. They may also refuse to permit any further collection or use of the Personal Data by contacting us on the following email address: [email protected].
If we do not receive any complaints or requests for the parents or guardian of our users, it shall be deemed that we have received the consent to use and process and disclose (permitted disclosure) the Personal Data.
11. USER CONTENT
12. ACCESSING, MODIFYING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to access, review, modify any information we have about You, You may do so on your dashboard, or by simply contacting us on the following email address: [email protected]. You may also request that we delete any information belonging to You that we have stored.
If You wish to delete any information belonging to You, You may do so by disabling your account from your dashboard, or by contacting us on [email protected].
13. YOUR RIGHTS
Your rights in relation to Your Personal Data are as follows:
- the right to have access to Your Personal Data;
- the right to be informed about the processing of Your Personal Data;
- the right to rectify any inaccurate Personal Data or any information about You;
- the right to review, modify or erase Your Personal Data and any other information we have about You;
- the right to restrict the processing of Your Personal Data;
- the right to block Personal Data processing in violation of any law;
- the right to be informed about any rectification or erasure of Personal Data or restriction of any processing carried out;
- the right to the portability of Your Personal Data; and
- the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority within Nigeria.
14. CONTACT INFORMATION